Encourage responsible global citizenship. Enrich Canadian communities.
Present high quality local and global human rights, environmental, and socially concerned film and art.
Facilitate events that encourage reflection, balanced discussion, and action.
Access. Understanding. Equity.
The Marda Loop Justice Film Festival is one of Canada's premiere events focusing on human rights, environmental, and socially concerned documentary film and art. Since its inception in 2006, the festival has shown film across Canada to tens of thousands of participants free of charge. Associate festivals currently operate in Dawson Creek BC, Fort Macleod AB, Red Deer AB, Sarnia ON, and St Albert AB.
E-mail us (address below) and we'll be in contact with you regarding possibilities.
Friend of the Festival : Individual
The festival is free of charge but not free of cost. Support next year's festival by becoming a Friend for $20.00. Friends will be invited to quarterly screenings. Sign up at the festival.
Friend of the Festival : Business
Support next year's festival, become a Community Supporter for $100.00. You will be invited to quarterly screenings; e-mail us (address below) if you're interested
Interested in supporting the festival as a sponsor? Please get in contact with us via e-mail (address below).
Marda Loop Justice Film Festival Chair Daniel Murdock:
1. Programming Committee Member (Jan through June):
• Attends 2 meetings per month (2nd and 4th Wed, 7:30-9:30)
• Previews 6 films per month from home - Jan through June, records ranking
• Preps film details of short listed films, records details
• Scouts prospective conversation leaders, records details
• Submit a brief statement demonstrating ability to rank film quality, particularly political, social environmental or film interest
2. Programming Committee Member (May through November)
• Previews selected films (May/June)
• Secures conversation leader for 2-4 films, promote films and moderates
• Coordinates the overall festival conversation leader search and associated details
• Submit a brief statement describing coordination experience
3. Communication Committee Members (several positions)
• Contribute to the development of an annual marketing plan
• Coordinate and/or create promotional collateral and signage
• Secure content and visuals for promotions
• Prep and distribute media releases
• Coordinate production of print/broadcast advertising (newspaper, magazine, radio, TV, outdoor)
• Submit a brief statement of interest area(s) and associated experience